Terpene Deficiency Syndrome
Are all city dwelling people worldwide suffering from Terpene Deficiency Syndrome?
We think so, and here’s why:
- Studies have shown that when people go to the forest they experience lower blood pressure and lower stress levels.
- Other studies have shown that when specific secondary metabolites called terpenes as found in the forest are breathed in a laboratory, that people still experience lower blood pressure and lower stress levels.
- Just as the Paleo Diet asks us to eat as did our ancestors, so the “Paleo Respiratory Diet” asks us to breathe as our ancestors did. This includes breathing a large variety of terpenes. To clarify, by ‘breathing’ we are asking that terpenes bathe the olfactory bulb at the bridge of the nose.
- Stress is one of the most common symptoms that people complain of this century.
- A plausible explanation, in our opinion, is that city dwellers are suffering from what we will call a “Terpene Deficiency,” based upon the fact that we are no longer breathing in terpenes in the same quantities as we had previously breathed them.
- Thus, it seems that it is not so much that terpenes lower stress, but rather that a lack of terpenes causes stress! That is why we believe that MONQ® is so effective at lowering stress, since MONQ® is the most convenient and successful terpene delivery system, heating a blended mixture of aromatherapy to the boiling point of many terpenes and delivering them directly to your olfactory bulb.
- Thousands of users of Zen MONQ® have noted a dramatic decrease in stress just from a few gentle breaths, a few times a day.